Making Butter goes way back. In the 19th century people used butter churners, but this easy recipe uses a jar instead. Here is the instructions.
What you need:
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
a sprinkle of salt
One jar (with lid)
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the jar.
- Let the heavy whipping cream in the jar into a place that is warm for two hours ( with out the lid).
- Put the lid back on and shake the heavy whipping cream for 20 minutes.
- Soon the fat should separate from the liquid. If lumps don’t start forming in the 20 minutes and it just looks likes a bunch of butter milk add some hot water.
- Next, quickly add some ice cubes the butter should quickly become thicker.
- Once thick add the salt take out the ice cubes and put in plastic container (with lid).
And there you are some Delicious homemade butter! Hope you have fun making it !