Emmy, my pet dog has convinced me to put a recipe for puppy treats on my blog ( she is the dog who has been seen in the banana bread picture). After all her birthday is coming soon. Well here is the recipe.
2 Tablespoons of shortening
4 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of cornmeal
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups of water
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet with the shortening.
- Measure remaining ingredients into a large bowl.
- Use your hands to mix the dough thoroughly.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a knife to cut squares out of dough.
- Place the squares on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Store treats in plastic bags to keep them fresh.
- Let your pet enjoy!!!!