- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- drop of vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
First make the caramel sauce. Put ingredients for Caramel Sauce in a mug and heat 30 sec. at a time stirring between intervals, until until it reaches a caramel-like consistency. For the cake, put all ingredients in a mug, stir with a fork and cook 45 sec. Pour caramel sauce on top of cake and enjoy! 🙂
Ricotta cheese is very easy to make. all you need is 4 parts whole milk to 1 part acid. Here’s my favorite recipe: 2 cups whole milk Around 1/8 cup vinegar 1. Heat milk in sauce pan till hot to the touch. 2. Add acid and turn off heat. 3. Stir. Soon there should be white bits floating in a clear water like liquid. 4. Strain through 2 layers of cheese cloth or a fine mesh strainer. 5. Don’t strain to much liquid off or you will have a dry ricotta. You can use this ricotta in many recipes. I like to use it in cheese ravioli. I will be posting that recipe soon. Enjoy!
Emmy, my pet dog has convinced me to put a recipe for puppy treats on my blog ( she is the dog who has been seen in the banana bread picture). After all her birthday is coming soon. Well here is the recipe.
2 Tablespoons of shortening
4 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of cornmeal
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups of water
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet with the shortening.
- Measure remaining ingredients into a large bowl.
- Use your hands to mix the dough thoroughly.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a knife to cut squares out of dough.
- Place the squares on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Store treats in plastic bags to keep them fresh.
- Let your pet enjoy!!!!
My dog Emmy.
Making Butter goes way back. In the 19th century people used butter churners, but this easy recipe uses a jar instead. Here is the instructions.
What you need:
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
a sprinkle of salt
One jar (with lid)
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the jar.
- Let the heavy whipping cream in the jar into a place that is warm for two hours ( with out the lid).
- Put the lid back on and shake the heavy whipping cream for 20 minutes.
- Soon the fat should separate from the liquid. If lumps don’t start forming in the 20 minutes and it just looks likes a bunch of butter milk add some hot water.
- Next, quickly add some ice cubes the butter should quickly become thicker.
- Once thick add the salt take out the ice cubes and put in plastic container (with lid).
And there you are some Delicious homemade butter! Hope you have fun making it !
Snicker doodles! These delicious cookies are cinnaminy goodness!
1 c. soft shortening (you can use butter)
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 3/4c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Snicker and Doodle:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients into dough batter.
- Take a tablespoon amount of batter and roll into balls
- Mix 2 T. of sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon together.
- Roll small dough ball into sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Eat And enjoy! (Unless it was already eaten while still cookie dough)
Have an awesome day/night!
Why do people think sushi is gross? I mean it is so good ! What is the reason they think it is gross? It is because sushi is raw fish! I know you wouldn’t go and eat a whole thing of raw chicken or raw pork. But sushi is a totally different concept. Raw fish and raw chicken and pork are not the same thing at all! I mean, what does the guy eat in that movie Life of Pi ? Raw fish! If you’ve noticed raw chicken and pork will kill you while sushi is good for you! Well what I ‘m trying to say is, be adventurous, try new foods, try something no one has ever tried before! Make up new foods and try them out! Try sushi! You don’t have to like it, everyone has different opinions. But still, I insist, sushi is GOOD!
Being a kid has its advantages but it also has its minuses, especially in cooking! Kids don’t get to grill, fry things, only occasionally do they get to chop things, and there are a lot of other things kids don’t get to do ! But, there are a lot of things kids can do[ well I can do ]. I get to bake things, boil things, make bacon, fry eggs, poach eggs [sometimes], and cook anything I want [if my moms there]! I love cooking!
Makes 4 to 6 servings
To make this you will need:
one 3 -4 sized chicken
salt and fresh ground pepper
sprigs of thyme or other herbs
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then put in the herbs.
- Cover loosely and put in fridge.
- Leave the chicken in the fridge for 1 hour .
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in lightly oiled pan and roast breast side up.
- Roast chicken for 20 minutes then turn chicken over and roast breast side down for another 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken over again and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter, cool for 10 to 15 minute.
- Carve, make sure it is not pink inside and eat !
I hope you like the chicken !